Oscar Rzodkiewicz is a 19-year-old student journalist in his sophomore year at Eastern Illinois University, majoring in journalism with a concentration in sports media relations.
He began writing stories online around the eighth grade when he created a free online sports blog, Beat from the Burgh, as well as multiple others, such as Coast to Coast Sports, before joining an established publication.
Born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Rzodkiewicz wrote for The North Star, a high school newspaper, and produced content while anchoring for NATV at North Allegheny Senior High School in 2016 and 2017.
In late 2017, Rzodkiewicz enrolled at Sacramento State University in California, majoring in journalism and, in early 2018, began working with The State Hornet, a student-based media outlet as a staff writer.
- Beat From The Burgh
- Top 5 NBA Jerseys Everybody Will Want in 10 Years (Oct. 2013)
- Should the 2002 Sacramento Kings have Won an NBA Title? (Sept. 2013)
- Which “Zeller” was the Best in College? (May 2013)
- Will Carmelo Anthony Ever Win an NBA Title? (May 2013)
- Coast to Coast Sports
- Terrific Tom and the Immortal New England Football Dynasty (Feb. 2015)
- Evan Fournier’s Brief Career is Hitting a High Point (Nov. 2014)
- Top 10 Best NBA Duos of the New Millennium (Oct. 2014)
- Project Left Bench
- Cleveland Basketball’s Wasteland of Bittersweet Memories and Broken Salaries (July 2018)
- SATIRE: Le’Veon Bell Threatens to Sit Out, Retire from Rap Game if Mixtape Doesn’t Reach 17M Listens on SoundCloud (April 2018)
- The MLB Payroll Question: Can a Team Simply Buy Wins? (Jan. 2018)
- The NFL Catch Rules Need to Catch These Hands (Dec. 2017)
- Late Houston Surge Spoils Kings’ Home Opener 105-100 (Oct. 2017)
- The 2017-18 NFL All-Surprise Team (Sept. 2017)
- The Evasiveness of Winning: A James Harden Complex (May 2017)
- The Pitt-Penn State Game Exemplified the Beauty of Sports (Sept. 2016)
- Can Anybody Turn the Pittsburgh Pirates Around? (June 2016)
- Steph Curry Finally Failed (June 2016)
- The State Hornet
- OPINION: Stop pretending to love the Golden State Warriors (May 2018)
- Upfront costs could still affect summer students receiving Pell grants (May 2018)
- 5 hip-hop bops expected to drop on 4/20 (April 2018)
- Ex-King Matt Barnes leads protest involving families of Stephon Clark and Joseph Mann (additional reporting, photography, April 2018)
- Senior women’s basketball guard handles leadership for Hornets (March 2018)
- Award-winning jazz ensembles prepare for concert, festival (Feb. 2018)
- Students from Sac State honors program to create new park (Feb. 2018)
- Sac State rolls out first student-curated art exhibit (Jan. 2018)